Lately there has been a particular accessory that has been catching my eye..
I’m in love with spoon rings right now! I’ve been obsessing over these lately as my latest fashion statement. I’m not sure if they are just popular where I live or if it’s everywhere. I think the are so classic and I love the chunky look of multiple spoon rings on one hand. One on each finger if you can handle it! My obsession began a while ago when I saw that my grandma was wearing these very cool chunky rings. Since then, I have seen them on multiple people and definitely on Pinterest.
There are lots of DIY spoon rings on Pinterest, but personally I like to buy mine at antique stores. I love how vintage they feel and they’re really easy to come by. Often times, they are really affordable and come in so many different sizes. This is important to me because my ring finger size is 3.5! Because they are literally made from spoons, the antique ones are usually real silver and can be shined to sparkle. A little elbow grease is all you need to make one of these beautiful rings to shine like new.
In case you were wondering what spoon rings are, here’s a little collage of spoon rings!
I also thought I would share my most recent finds at my local antique store:
The one on my thumb is from a silver plated spoon and the one on my hand is a sterling silver spoon. I think they are sooo cute!
Let my know if you guys are in love with this look as well!
I’ve been a little on the bored side lately, so I though I would make a list to help you out if you’re feeling bored too!
- Make a blog! Like this one!
- Paint your toe nails, they could always use it!
- Bake cookies
- Try out new makeup
- If it’s sunny, lay in the sun and get a tan
- If it’s rainy, netflix.
- Make flubber http://myfrugaladventures.com/2013/07/how-to-make-flubber/
- Color code your keys
- Paint old wine bottles http://www.hercampus.com/school/fairfield/summer-diy-activities
- Learn how to crochet
- Learn how to knit
- Plant flowers
- Start a garden
- Create an exercise routine that works for you!
- Make tissue paper flowers http://projectnursery.com/2014/04/diy-tissue-paper-flowers/#
- Read the bible
- Make t-shirt headbands http://www.honeybeevintage.com/2012/04/diy-twisted-turban-headband-from-old-t.html
- Create a bucket list
- Go to a restaurant and only get dessert
- Attempt hair styles from youtube videos
- Wander around Target
- Make a planner
- Clean out your car (you know you need to..)
- Tie dye socks
- Go to your closet and come up with three new outfits
- Make a fort
- Make friendship bracelets
- Paint rocks
- Make pom-poms
- Paint feathers
- Look for wild flowers in your yard
- Make a flower headband
- Try to do zentangle http://tinyrottenpeanuts.com/zentangle-patterns-starter-sheets/
- Clean your makeup brushes
- Thread wrap your headphones http://girlvscraft.blogspot.com/2011/12/crafting-at-work-part-2.html
- Take a bubble bath
- Make thank you cards for your favorite people
- Learn origami
- Make popsicle stick boats
- Make paper bag puppets
- Have a water balloon fight
- Have a paint fight
- Flashlight tag
- Mason jar crafts
- Learn how to decorate cakes
- Put socks on your cat or dog
- Cut up old magazines and make a collage
- Make canvas decorations
- Washi tape on anything
- Color a light bulb with a sharpie
- Build a house out of cards
- Make melted crayon art
- Make a dream catcher http://savingmorethanme.com/2013/06/diy-dream-catchers
- Make a bird house
- Cloud watch
- Make paper snowflakes/flowers/art
- Make a rug
- Rearrange your bedroom
- Make a paint chip calendar
- Make a snow-globe
- Blow bubbles
- Collect snails
- Learn to play the piano
- Choreograph a dance to your favorite song
- Puff paint a shirt
- Call your mom
- Try fruit infused water
- Revamp old picture frames
- Relearn Miss Mary Mack
- Pretend to be goth for the day
- Put clothes on your cat and laugh
- Make a tie blanket http://craptastickatie.blogspot.com.au/2011/06/hi-my-name-is-katie-im-blanket-aholic.html
- Make your animated self on My Idol app
- Make a seasonal wreath
- Make a lava lamp
- Write a family play
- Make popsicles
- Make a candle
- Mail a letter to your grandparents
- Finger paint
- Mod Podge glitter on your phone charger
- Jump rope
- Go to the park and just swing
- Make illustrations for your favorite book
- Make play doh
- Give Barbie a new hair cut
- Leave compliment letters around town
- Go on a scavenger hunt
- Get a beta fish
- Turn old t-shirts into tank tops
- Go to a pond/lake/river and feed the ducks
- Leave messages on mirrors with dry erase markers
- Do a puzzle
- Buy cool stuff at the dollar store
- Make paper dolls
- Have a paper airplane competition
- Make a fortune teller
- Go on a picnic
- Have a tea party
- Make helpful kits for local homeless people
<div align="center"><a href="http://creativekkids.com/category/bloggers-brags-weekly-pinterest-party" title="Creative K Kids"><img src="http://creativekkids.com/bloggers brags logo (2).jpg" alt="Creative K Kids" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
I’ve been wearing glasses now for a couple of years and there are definitely some pros and cons of wearing them. Maybe you can relate to my love/hate relationship with my glasses.
- They cover up third eye zits. You know the ones that horrifyingly show up right between the eyes.
- Looking like a hipster comes naturally. (This one depends on what type of glasses you wear, but who wouldn’t want to be a hipster once in a while?)
- You look smarter – I know this is a stereotype, but sometimes I just feel smarter.
- They’re an easy accessory. Sometimes I feel like when I wear my glasses, I don’t need to try as hard on jewelry.
- No makeup? No problem.
- Your eyebrows don’t have to always be on fleek. Having a bad eyebrow day? Have no fear, cover them up with glasses!
- You can dramatically throw them off whenever you feel like it.
- Rain. Need I say more?
- Red marks on the nose. No matter what type of glasses you wear, those little red marks feel permanent.
- Fogginess. Wash the dishes? Fog. Drink coffee? Fog.
- Smudges. My glasses seem to always have some sort of smudge on them.
- Spent an hour on perfect winged eyeliner? Don’t worry. No one will notice behind your glasses.
- Hats + glasses = a hot mess. I don’t know if it’s just me, but I feel overwhelmed when I’m wearing my glasses and I put on a hat.
- Sports are a danger zone. I didn’t do a whole lot of sports, but glasses definitely get in the way.
If you were wondering, here is a lazy Sunday selfie of me and my glasses:
This post is linked on: